Melanie Ellwanger focuses on DUI and Criminal Defense. She started her career as a prosecutor in the Forsyth County Solicitor‐General’s Office, where she also served as the DUI Court prosecutor. She then worked at Head, Thomas, Webb & Willis where she practiced criminal defense in hundreds of courtrooms throughout the State of Georgia. In 2014, Ellwanger launched her own practice and sought election as the Municipal Court Judge of Roswell.
Ellwanger stays current on ever‐changing DUI law by attending, and speaking, at various seminars throughout the state and country. Additionally, she has been N.H.T.S.A. certified in DUI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing. Ellwanger is dedicated to her practice and has a superb rating on lawyer ranking website avvo.com. She has also been recognized by her peers as a Rising Star in Super Lawyers magazine in 2013-2019.
In addition to her work as a Criminal Defense attorney, Ellwanger will also be serving Hilbert Law clients with their business litigation needs.
PRINCIPAL PRACTICE AREAS
- Misdemeanor Criminal
- Business Litigation
University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 2007.
Brenau University, Women’s College, B.A., with honors, Legal Studies and Conflict Resolution, 2004
Admitted to Georgia Bar, 2007
- Made runoff election on 2014 Roswell Judicial Election
- Seminar speaker on the new Evidence Code and Ethics
- Attended the National College for DUI Defense in Boston and Las Vegas
- Member of the Georgia Court of Appeals
- GCIC Security and Integrity Training
- Drug, DUI, and Mental Health Court Conference
- Trained in the areas of breath and blood testing
- Argued motions and tried numerous cases in Municipal, State and Superior courtrooms throughout the State of Georgia